In 2008, Nancy Coulter Beland founded Starfish Resources, LLC to guide families through the maze of selecting appropriate senior care in the Greater San Diego area. With over 20 years of experience in senior services and care, 10 of which are in San Diego County, Nancy assesses needs, provides placement assistance, offers information on community resources, and helps educate families on care options in San Diego counties. Starfish Resources also serves the Las Vegas area.
Starfish Resource’s staff comes armed with years of experience assisting seniors and their families through the hardest of times. Our backgrounds include Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Hospice, Hospital and Home Care. We’ve been there and done that.
In October of 2012, Jason Pearson took over the management of Starfish San Diego. With the assistance of his wife, Maribel, who is an RN, they will continue on the path of helping seniors throughout San Diego County.
Nancy Beland, head of the San Diego office, has a long history in health care beginning in childhood when two of her aunts had a profound influence on her life: Lois Peterson, LPN and Dr. Myrtle Matejski, Ph.D., RN—an author and former Dean of Nursing in Delaware. Additionally, her older sister, who worked at the local hospital, was and continues to be an encouraging influence. She convinced Nancy to become a volunteer Candy Striper, unknowingly sparking Nancy’s lifelong interest in health care.
Now having worked in senior care most of her adult life, Beland has discovered that many seniors and family members don’t know their options or how to access available resources. And, after receiving The Starfish Award in 2007 from the County of San Diego for her work on the Vital Aging Conference, she found a truth ringing in the words of the Starfish Story.
Subsequently, she was inspired to leverage her knowledge gleaned from her various work and life experiences to launch this senior resource company.
- Recipient of 2007 Starfish Award for work in the Vital Aging Conference in San Diego
- RCFE Administrator
(operating 199- & 100-bed senior communities)
- Marketing Director for a 125-bed community, CA
- Certified Activities Director, CA
- Certified in Fitness and Nutrition
- Ordained Minister
- Former Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), MA
- Former Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), MA
- Former Certified Dementia Assistant (CDA), MA
- Former Realtor, MA (winner of top referral reward)
- Multiple sales awards and honors, MA
Nancy C. Beland has also have written a book on this subject titled “A Pathway to Senior Care in San Diego.“ It is available through this website, at Barnes and Noble, and on Amazon.com.
Rochelle Ann Taylor leads the Las Vegas office of Starfish Resources. Similar to Nancy Beland, founder, Rochelle also has decades of experience in the senior living field. Her experience includes:
- 13 years experience in Acute Rehabilitation
- Marketing & Admissions Director for 40-bed Skilled Nursing Facility
- Marketing & Admissions Director for 70-bed Skilled Nursing Facility
- Marketing and sales for Assisted Living Community
- Marketing for 100-bed Alzheimers Community
For more information about Las Vegas services, contact Rochelle.